Cork Alliance Centre
Cork Alliance Centre – Part-time Support Worker (24hrs, 3 days per week)
The Cork Alliance Centre works with people who have been in prison. The Centre supports people make a fresh start, both in terms of reducing offending and increasing positive participation in individual, family and community life.
This rewarding role offers an enthusiastic and self-motivated person the opportunity to engage in professional support relationships to assist in the transition from prison to the community as people move away from offending towards engaging positively in their own life and with family /community. The post holder will work with other members of our support team to provide a person-centred service to support people as they seek to live a crime free life.
Ideally the successful candidate will
- have experience working with people who have been imprisoned and/or people with addiction, trauma and/or poor mental health in their life.
- have excellent communication skills, with proven competency in both networking and advocacy,
- be a team player,
- have experience/ qualifications in youth work, social care or equivalent.
- have training in child protection, suicide intervention and trauma sensitivity.
- have own car with a full driving licence essential.
The position requires the ability to work from the office and in prisons.
Detailed job description is attached.
Garda Vetting and Prison security clearance will be required for the successful candidates.
Applications from people with convictions/prison in their past are welcomed.
Applicants can email their Curriculum Vitae together with a detailed letter of application demonstrating suitability for the role and include contact details for TWO referees, to Alan Davis, Chairperson, Cork Alliance Centre, at [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm Thursday 21/07/2022 (Late applications cannot be accepted)